We are a Reformed, Continuationist, Complementarian, Credo-Baptist church.
Which are broad theological structures, but not dogmatic prisons.
- Reformed: Emphasizing the gracious sovereignty of God in saving sinners, while not ignoring the role of human responsibility.
- Continuationist: Believing in the ongoing powerful work of the Holy Spirit in line with what we see in the New Testament, while not giving into chaos or disorder.
- Complementarian: Reserving the office of elder and activity of preaching for biblically qualified men, while inviting women to use their gifts in the fullest biblical way.
- Credo-Baptist: Celebrating believer’s baptism and internal transformation of salvation through the external proclamation of water baptism.
Additionally, we affirm the Acts 29 doctrinal distinctives and the National Association of Evangelicals’ Statement of Faith.
Acts 29 Doctrinal Distinctives
Acts 29 stands in the tradition of historic evangelical confessionalism. While we believe it is vital that the elders of each of our churches determine where they stand on doctrines of second importance, we do wish to make known our convictions on the following five theologically-driven core values:
- Gospel centrality in all of life.
- The sovereignty of God in saving sinners.
- The work of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry.
- The equality of male and female and the principle of male servant leadership.
- The local church as God’s primary mission strategy.
National Association of Evangelicals’ Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.