- Command #1— Set your hope (1 Peter 1:13).
- Command #2— Be holy (1 Peter 1:14-21).
- Command #3—Love earnestly (1 Peter 1:22-25).
- What are the things that narrow your gaze or focus? What desires/hopes cloud your mind from seeing Jesus? How does hope in the Gospel broaden your gaze? Or, how is Jesus better?
- God’s kindness leads to repentance (not the reverse) and our salvation fuels our obedience (not the reverse). Why are we so tempted to switch the order of those statements?
- Finish the sentence: In my life, greater holiness looks like… (Hint: It looks more like Jesus!)
This is the 4th sermon of the series 1 Peter: Thriving In Exile.Categories::