This is the 20th sermon in our series Acts: Jesus Builds His Church.
- King Herod flexes, the church prays (12:1-5).
- King Jesus rescues, the church is amazed (12:6-18).
- King Herod retaliates, King Jesus remains (12:19-25).
- Who/what are some earthly kings that seem to be able to do what they want against the Church? How does Acts 12 re-orient you to King Jesus’ power?
- Can you think of a moment when King Jesus showed His power in your life? How does that story help you endure the moments when the kings of this world seem more powerful?