This is the 39th sermon in our series Acts: Jesus Builds His Church.
- The storms of life: Our best plans and most strenuous efforts (27:1-20).
- The sovereignty of God: His provision and salvation (27:21-44).
- The mission of God: Using the storms to bring salvation (28:1-10).
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” —C.S. Lewis
- Can you think of a “storm” in your life where you could see after the fact how God used it for your good? How does that change your perception of other storms?
- Are you more likely to doubt that God has determined your destination, or that He is trustworthy with how you get there? How does this passage speak to you?
- Do you have an example in your life of how God has used your experience with pain (like Paul’s snakebite) to minister to others?