How do we become Christians? Repent and believe the Gospel.
How do we grow deeper as Christians? Repent and believe the Gospel.
Q1: Repentance: What’s the sin underneath all your sin?
- Underneath every sin is a lie.
- Every sin at its deepest root springs from unbelief.
- Our problem lies in the gap between our confessional faith, what we believe in theory our functional belief, what we believe in practice.
Q2: Faith: What truth do you need to turn to?
- God is Great, so we don’t have to be in control (Rom. 8:26-39, Ps. 136, Isaiah 40)
- God is Glorious, so we don’t have to fear others (Prov. 29:25, Ps. 27:1-3, Matt. 10:28)
- God is Good, so we don’t have to look elsewhere (Ps. 16:11, Ps. 63, Luke 15:11-32)
- God is Gracious, so we don’t have to prove ourselves (Eph. 2:1-10, Matt. 9:1-13, Ps. 86)
*This sermon was preached by Andy Beams.Categories::