While we continue to benefit from the care and leadership of our Interim Worship Director, we are continuing to pursue finding a permanent Worship Director for missio Dei: Falcon. Here’s a link to our current job description.
The role of a Worship Director is to lead, develop, and foster a culture of worship at missio Dei: Falcon. Though this primarily happens on Sunday Mornings, the Worship Director will also have a role of caring for those that are on the music and audio/visual teams and continuing to promote a culture of worship between Sunday gatherings.
All leaders at missio Dei: Falcon should demonstrate increasing “evidences of grace,” the public and private display that Jesus is working both in us and through us.
- We see Jesus working in us as we live out our six priorities (see website).
- We see Jesus working through us as we help others to live out our six priorities in a manner consistent with our values (see website).
- Creatively plan, develop, and implement all elements of the worship service (with the exception of preaching), in conjunction with, and under the direct supervision of, the Lead Pastor.
- Lead the worship service vocally and musically on a regular basis.
- Lead our church into a deeper understanding of, and appreciation for, the worship of Jesus in corporate gatherings and everyday life.
- Lead the worship team(s), including: the recruitment of new musicians, development of the musical skills of team members, and training and deployment of new worship leaders.
- Oversee the sound team, including the maintenance and purchasing of equipment.
- Own the vision for this area of ministry and seek its further development and maturation.
ADDITIONAL CORE EXPECTATIONS
- Participation at all missio Dei: Falcon scheduled events (Newcomers’ lunches, outreach, special services, etc).
- Agreement with the missio Dei: Falcon Mission and Doctrine, and desire live out our Priorities as a Partner.
All directors at missio Dei seek to assist the elders in their general shepherding responsibilities:
- Know – Take time to know the “flock” by name (those on the worship & audio/visual teams), engage in relationship with individuals in the church, and care for the congregation as able.
- Feed – Invest in sharing the word of God through teaching in venues such as: leading worship through song, assisting with other Sunday morning assignments such as introducing communion, leading the call to worship, and possibly preaching (depending on abilities and experience).
- Lead – Being accountable to moving the church forward in our six priorities and doing so in a manner consistent with our values.
- Protect – Guard the health of the church in doctrine, mission, and values, especially in the context of worship and Sunday Morning gatherings.
STRENGTHS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will possess the following desired strengths and competencies:
- Humble and others-focused with a desire to serve and love members of the local church
- Ability to cast vision for worship team and corporate worship ministry
- Hard worker and self-starter who follows through on commitments
- High emotional intelligence with exceptional interpersonal communication and warmth, as well as an ability to connect with individuals from varying backgrounds
- Ability to take initiative and implement a program or project, see it to completion and evaluate its effectiveness
EXPERIENCE, EXPECTATIONS, AND COMPENSATION
- Character: Commitment to and embodiment of the character qualifications of a Christian leader and recognized by the elders as a potential elder candidate (as taught in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
- Experience: 12 months of worship ministry in a local church setting (preferred, not required).
- Call: Senses the call to be a servant of a local church through use of musical and leadership abilities.
- Alignment: Theologically and philosophically aligned with the doctrinal distinctive of the Acts 29 church network and of missio: Dei Falcon.
- Salary: Generous part-time salary based on the experience, ability, and needs of the candidate.
- Schedule: Part-time work Sunday-Thursday plus occasional weekend responsibilities.
- Vacation: 2 Weeks.
- Paid holidays: 10 standard holidays per year.
- Performance reviews: This position will have reviews with the Lead Pastor and Elders quarterly.